Sunday, July 15, 2012

Crock-Pot American Chicken Chop Suey

I made this very simple recipe last week for my husband,Wayne. I'm not sure if there is a recipe in a cook book for this dish. I just put ingredients in my crock-pot that I had at home and I knew that Wayne would eat. He is a tad difficult to cook for because there are so many things he does not like to eat. He is strictly a meat and potato man. Anyway, here is what I made for him.


Ingredients:


3 boneless chicken breasts.
1/4 cup of white cooking wine.
2 jars of pasta sauce. I used Parmesan Ragu sauce.
3/4 of a box of elbow macaroni.
Fresh Parmesan cheese.


Put sauce and wine in the crock-pot add the chicken  breasts and cook 4-6 hours.


I cooked the macaroni  in a separate pot but I'm sure that you could cook it in the crock-pot for the last 30 minutes of cooking.  I grated fresh Parmesan and put it on top of his American Chicken Chop Suey.


If I had made this dinner for myself all of the ingredients would have been fresh. But since Wayne does not like green peppers, onions mushrooms,  etc.... I made this dish the way that I knew he would like it and sure enough he loved it! Well at least I was able to use chicken and not hamburger. :) 


If you would like to see more recipes then head on over to Farm Girl Paints


Thanks for stopping by. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I love a simple recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete